For the letter O, Nicki Elson stopped by for a guest post! Nicki is the author of Three Daves, Sway, and Divine Temptation. Click on the links to check them out on amazon!
An now... the floor, er, blog post is yours, Nicki.
I don’t care that Lord Ombra is a character from a Middle Grade series (Peter and the Starcatchers by Ridley Pearson and Dave Barry)—he’s still one of the creepiest fictional villains I’ve come across, and here are the top 5 reasons why:
- As he said himself, he’s not only on the side of darkness, he is darkness.
- He speaks in a groan. A haunting, horrible, icy groooooan.
- He moves like liquid. That is…that is just so unnatural and disturbing.
- He’s always cloaked, which leaves you to only imagine the hideousness that resides beneath.
- A chill comes over his victims as he steals their shadows, reading their thoughts and controoooolling their miiiiinds.
Congratulations, Pearson and Barry, for creating a character that makes me convince myself time and time again that I can just hold it until morning rather than cross the darkened room to use the bathroom. I hope you’re proud of yourselves.
Check out other bloggers and the details participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge HERE.