Thursday, April 11, 2013

J is for Jeb Holt

My A to Z Blogging theme in April will be about my fave book characters.







I'm super excited for today! A.G. Howard is a fellow QTer and one of my WrAHM sisters. 
She let Jeb hang out at my blog for a few. *fans face* 
He's a character in her amazing YA novel, Splintered. 










Hi, Jeb! In four words, describe yourself.
Stubborn, protective, athletic, and artistic.

What’s the first thing about Alyssa that captured your attention?
That she was scarred like me. I was working on my mom’s car when my sister brought her over for introductions. Al kept staring at my bare chest. *ears flush red* I figured she was freaked out by my scars so I started to look for my t-shirt. She found it first and offered it to me. Our hands touched, and I noticed she had scars on her palms and wrists. She caught me looking and couldn’t get her hands in her pockets fast enough. I knew right then she was a kindred spirit.

What’s your favorite card game?
Poker. It’s the one game my dad taught me. It was also the only time we ever sat down together in peace.

What’s your go-to snack at the movies?
Hot tamales, because Al likes cinnamon and it’s a sure way to get a lot of kisses. *grins*

How many skateboards do you own? Do you have one that you’d choose over all others?



I have two boards. One is a Zero Blood Deck board. The neon color scheme works great for Underland:




The other is a garage troll I bought for ten bucks at a yard sale when I was first learning to skate. Not sure what brand it is because all the paint’s rubbed off. There’s no grip tape and the hardware is miss-matched, but it’s my favorite because it has character in spite of its battle scars. Or maybe because of them:



Word association time! What’s the first thought that comes to mind when I say the following:
Helmet - motorcycle
Umbrella - rain
Cake - grow
Bugs - mosaics

Thanks to Anita for letting Jeb hang out at my blog for awhile! *sigh*

This stunning debut captures the grotesque madness of a mystical under-land, as well as a girl’s pangs of first love and independence.

Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s
 Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now.

When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on.

There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.







Check out other bloggers and the details participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge HERE.

25 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. I love dark stories. And what a cool cover; it definitely draws your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i too love the cover and it does sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow that cover is stunning. Love the back cover too. It's on the TBR list now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoot whoot! Anita is one cool chick! Love her and her book and can't wait for Unhinged!! Jeb is such a doll but love his nemesis, Morpheus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani! Jeb is a sweetie. :) You like the guys who are a challenge, though. LOL.

      Delete
  5. That's a gorgeous cover. Definitely hitting my to read list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cover, very eye catching. Good character interview :-) I wonder how cake became associated with "grow". :-) It's good when you make a reader wonder. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! Just remember that this book is a spinoff of Alice in Wonderland where drinks can make you shrink. That might clear up the cake answer for you. :)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous cover! Adding this to my TBR. What a fun A-Z challenge theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After seeing the book cover and excerpt the bugs-mosaics word association made more sense. Great character post.

    Jenn @Scribbles From Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this... getting to know Jeb better is awesome. Splintered is one of my favorites!

    Great job!

    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandy! Jackie a great interviewer. Jeb said so. ;)

      Delete
  10. Love the cover and really liked Jeb. And of course I have a thing for insects and creepy crawlers, so this book is definitely going on my tbr list.

    And Jackie, thanks for the Haiku, you are so awesome. (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't mind meeting Jeb. And this cover, since the first time I saw it I've wanted to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the cover. TBR grew by one. This book sound like a very good read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh nice! I've been dying to read this one! And great to *meet* A.G.!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice cover! :) and another fun character interview.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone for the awesome comments! And Jackie, thank you for coming up w/such great questions!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That book sounds great! I absolutely love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the books cover is AMAZING! That's what captured my attention while I was scanning books at B&N a couple months back. I instantly added it to Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds wonderful! I like that question for the food and eating what gets the most kisses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. She skateboards? Very cool! Dig the cover as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jeb sounds interesting and so does the book. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. So do photos of Adam Levine... <3