Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Express Yourself Meme - Favorite monsters Boo!


Dani and I appreciate the turnout we've had with Express Yourself Meme. Thank you all so much for the support and for sharing with us!



This week's meme is List 5 Favorite Monsters Throughout History.

My list in no particular order... and I mixed mine around, listing particular monsters as well as general ones.

1. Vampires... Stephen King's Salem's Lot made me fear them, and Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire made me love them, particularly her character, Louis. *sigh*

2. Werewolves... An American Werewolf in London was my first "encounter" with werewolves, and even though it was scary, I thought it was totally badass to be able to shapeshift.

3. Zombies...Dead people walking around trying to infect the living. It can't get any creepier slash gross than those things. If zombies attack the world, I've watched and read enough zombie stuff to feel confident in surviving an outbreak.

4. The Headless Horseman... simply because I loved this when I was younger for its eerie factor. 

5. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde...a split personality creating this monster of a man. Brilliant!

What are your choices for favorite monsters?











11 comments:

  1. #'s 4 & 5 are great! I forgot about those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree about the headless horseman. One of my favorite monsters is Hannibal Lector. He's a monster in a different way, but I wouldn't want to run into him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh the Headless Horseman, didn't think about him! Great choice, always spooked me out when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot about that guy, too. And he's sooo spooky, extra spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jackie
    Nice to meet you. You put down some great monsters and if they aren't enough to give one the willies, I created a new one called Symberveen. They are huge hairy beast with poison beneath their claws and in their blood and they attack disabling their victims with nightmares.
    Nancy

    PS I'm signed up for your Spooktoberfest. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shape shifting is cool, but I think it was American Werewolf where dude's standing there, and his knees kick back (so he's able to stand like a dog). I have knee problems. That image has scarred me for life....ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Real Vampyres are awesome! The Headless Horseman is also a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked the Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie. It's how I always envisaged him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to dido Wayne. I really liked how they portrayed him in TLoEG.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also forgot about 4 & 5 - good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think ghosts are my favourite kind of 'monster' :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. So do photos of Adam Levine... <3