Click on the picture below or in the tab bar for deets on our meme.
Week #2 (Oct 8-12) - List 5 movies/books that makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck.
I’ll admit, I watched the below movies mostly through my fingers, and yes. I even read parts of the book I list below through my fingers as well.
See, I have this theory. If I put my hand in front of my face and peek at the movie/book through my fingers, then it won't be as bad as watching/reading it head on.
Does it help? Not really, but hello? These movies/books are so scary, I can’t help it, but I like horror movies all the same. Yeah, I'm weird.
5. The Fourth Kind (movie 2009) … To quote Abbey Tyler, who the movie is centered around: “An encounter in the first kind, that's when you see a UFO. The second kind is when you see evidence of it: crop circles, radiation. The third kind is when you make contact. But the fourth kind, there's nothing more frightening than the fourth. You see, that one is when they abduct you.”
This film is based on case studies, and they have actual footage tossed in this movie that makes my skin crawl. I mean, did aliens really take these people or is it all a big hoax? I don’t know, but it had me clutching my blanket for dear life.
4. Wrong Turn (movie 2003) – Six people find themselves being hunted by these gross cannibalistic men who live in the mountains. They are disfigured through generations of in-breeding. Seriously. Dis-turb-ing.
3. Seed (book by Ania Ahlborn 2012) – I received this as an ARC. This book is so creepy good, but I can’t even finish it yet. Yes, it’s that scary. I’m thinking it’s about a demonic presence, but I’m not entirely sure since I still have a ways to go. I’ll try not to give away too much, but there’s one part where someone is wrestling around under a sheet, but then there’s nothing there. **shivers** The way the author describes it is amazing. Now, that’s great writing!
2. Paranormal Activity movies 1, 2, 3 (and 4 is coming out soon) – so these are about families living their lives, la-de-da-life-is-great, then bam! A demonic presence haunts them in their homes. All the movies intersect with one another in some way, so it’s really cool in that aspect, but downright terrifying!
1. Jeepers Creepers (movie 2001). Teens drive home from college and encounter a creepy creature that drives an even creepier truck. *honk-honk-honkkkkk* This creature takes from people what it's lacking. It's super scary! And this thing is nasty!
So, there's my list! What movies/books creep you out?
Want to join in on the fun? Post your list on your blog, then come back and sign up in the weekly meme linky with the link to your post so we can hop around and see your list of movies/books that scare you.
Dude I was expecting us to match one movie but 3?! That's just nuts! But we are both horror movie freaks, what can we say?!ReplyDelete
This post sounds familiar... lol ;)ReplyDelete
Paranormal activity I saw one scene... ONE! and I didn't sleep for months!
Yeah, Dani and I seem to be have some similarities. LOLDelete
If you value sleep, do not watch the other ones. So creepy.
Yep, Jeepers Creepers is so going on my list. Paranormal Activity, too...only the first one though, as I didn't dare watch the others!ReplyDelete
Each PA movie is scarier than the one before. *shivers*Delete
In fact, PA 4 will be out in theaters soon, and I KNOW it's going to top the others in the scary department.
breakdown was completely creepy because it is possible! those are the worst! like delverance! ah!ReplyDelete
You're so right! Breakdown was creepy! I've never seen Deliverance, though.Delete
Those ALL sound way creepy!! Although, I haven't seen any of them. But, the very fact that they made your list tells me that I probably don't want to. hahaReplyDelete
I'm #4 on the linky if you want to check out what gives me the creeps!! =)
Yep, they're at the top of the creep-factor for me!Delete
Given my terror of aliens from a young age, I'd probably have nightmares if I watched The Fourth Kind. I don't even read books about aliens, and I'm normally very into unexplained paranormal phenomena.ReplyDelete
Definitely not a good one to watch if you have an aversion to aliens.Delete
I've seen #4 and #1 from above. Definitely creepy. My favorite scary movie was Children of the Corn--which I saw as a teen.ReplyDelete
When I was younger, and we'd drive by cornfields, Children of the Corn would come to mind.Delete
Are Dani and Jackie the same person? Have they been seen in the same room at the same time? I need proof! I haven't seen any of these movies or read the book. My lovely wife is horror movie phobic, so of late I don't get to see many. On the odd occasion I will have an evening to myself and I'm not blogging or gigging I'll try to get around to see one of them. That's a promise.ReplyDelete
My post will be out tomorrow. That's a promise too.
LOL I promise! We are not the same person, but we do know each other outside of the blogging world. :DDelete
Thanks for stopping by!
THE 4TH KIND!!! I FORGOT ABOUT THAT MOVIE!!! Yea, it makes me afraid to sleep at night. And to run in the dark. And be outside...yea...scared me crapless.ReplyDelete
The paranormal movies terrify me, too. Your list rocks. I'm excited for the 4th installment :)
I'm excited for the 4th installment, too! I should've said ten monsters instead of five because I'm having a hard time dwindling my list down. LOLDelete
My 13 year old LOVES scary movies and sometimes forces me to watch them :) The Woman in Black freaked me out.ReplyDelete
I haven't watched that movie yet, but I'd like to. :DDelete
Seed is that bad, huh? Demonic presence is an automatic terror raiser for me - I wouldn't read it. Too scary. Definitely.ReplyDelete
It's scary, to me, but maybe to others it won't be.Delete
Paranormal Activity always creeps me out and is definitely on my list!ReplyDelete
It's so creepy, but cool how the four movies intersect with one another.Delete
Of these, I've seen only Jeepers Creepers, which I did think was pretty messed up, especially since the monster guy seems unbeatable. I've not watched Paranormal Activity 'cause I think I'd probably never sleep again. :-)ReplyDelete
Mina's Resurrection Blogfest!
Yeah, no sleep would be an issue if you watched them! LOLDelete
I haven't seen any of these. Oh my, I guess I don't watch creepy movies.ReplyDelete
I like scary movies, but the ones listed above are super scary.Delete
Funny, I've seen two of the Paranormal Activities but, for some reason, they didn't creep me out too badly. I didn't like the part where people were getting drug around though. That always freaks me out. hahaReplyDelete
I thought it was freaky when the lady stared at her husband for hours while he was asleep. And even weirder that he didn't think it was weird when he watched it on the camcorder! LOLDelete
I loved those Jeepers Creepers movies. I watch lots and lots of Horror movies and they almost all scare me in some parts. I sometimes peek through my fingers, turn down the volume, or even flip channels for a minute or two. I loved your list. Great blog post! :-)ReplyDelete
I peek through fingers, too. Like it helps right? :DDelete
Thanks for stopping by!