Click on the picture below or in the tab bar for deets on our meme.
Week #2 (Oct 8-12) - List 5 movies/books that makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck.
I’ll admit, I watched the below movies mostly through my fingers, and yes. I even read parts of the book I list below through my fingers as well.
See, I have this theory. If I put my hand in front of my face and peek at the movie/book through my fingers, then it won't be as bad as watching/reading it head on.
Does it help? Not really, but hello? These movies/books are so scary, I can’t help it, but I like horror movies all the same. Yeah, I'm weird.
5. The Fourth Kind (movie 2009) … To quote Abbey Tyler, who the movie is centered around: “An encounter in the first kind, that's when you see a UFO. The second kind is when you see evidence of it: crop circles, radiation. The third kind is when you make contact. But the fourth kind, there's nothing more frightening than the fourth. You see, that one is when they abduct you.”
This film is based on case studies, and they have actual footage tossed in this movie that makes my skin crawl. I mean, did aliens really take these people or is it all a big hoax? I don’t know, but it had me clutching my blanket for dear life.
4. Wrong Turn (movie 2003) – Six people find themselves being hunted by these gross cannibalistic men who live in the mountains. They are disfigured through generations of in-breeding. Seriously. Dis-turb-ing.
3. Seed (book by Ania Ahlborn 2012) – I received this as an ARC. This book is so creepy good, but I can’t even finish it yet. Yes, it’s that scary. I’m thinking it’s about a demonic presence, but I’m not entirely sure since I still have a ways to go. I’ll try not to give away too much, but there’s one part where someone is wrestling around under a sheet, but then there’s nothing there. **shivers** The way the author describes it is amazing. Now, that’s great writing!
2. Paranormal Activity movies 1, 2, 3 (and 4 is coming out soon) – so these are about families living their lives, la-de-da-life-is-great, then bam! A demonic presence haunts them in their homes. All the movies intersect with one another in some way, so it’s really cool in that aspect, but downright terrifying!
1. Jeepers Creepers (movie 2001). Teens drive home from college and encounter a creepy creature that drives an even creepier truck. *honk-honk-honkkkkk* This creature takes from people what it's lacking. It's super scary! And this thing is nasty!
So, there's my list! What movies/books creep you out?
Want to join in on the fun? Post your list on your blog, then come back and sign up in the weekly meme linky with the link to your post so we can hop around and see your list of movies/books that scare you.