With Halloween approaching, horror movies come to mind. Sure, I’ll watch a scary movie anytime of the year, but there are 8 that deserve to be recognized for their creep factor.
(I know this ghost isn't scary, but he's totally cute and helps break up the creepiness of the movies below.)
These aren’t necessarily my favorite horror films, but if you want a good scare, watch one of the movies from the list below.
Top 8 Creepy Movies
8. Poltergeist (1982) – a house with ghosts for guests… after this film, I threw out any toys that resembled clowns.
7. The Omen (1976) – Damien was one messed up kid. When movies start messing with stuff like this, it’s totally scary.
6. Salem’s Lot (1979) – Hardcore vampires. Nothing romantic or gorgeous about them in these film.
5. The Hills Have Eyes (2006) Never, I repeat, never take back roads or shortcuts when you’re not familiar with the territory. Hello? Can you say grotesque, sadistic monsters waiting around the corner-- or in this case-- in the hills?
4. The Amityville Horror (1979) – the ultimate in haunted houses. This movie freaked me out.
3.The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) This family had some serious anitsocial issues. Best to stay clear of them.
2. Paranormal Activity 2 (2010) – as if the 1st installment wasn’t bad enough (yes, I screamed at some parts), they came out with a part 2 that trumped the 1st movie in the creepy department.
1. Jeepers Creepers (2001) – Teens driving cross country encounter a creepy creature that drives an even creepier truck. This is the ultimate in scary movies. My description doesn’t do it justice so maybe you should watch it… with the lights on. *Muahahaha*
Okay, so now you know my choices for scary horror movies.
What are some of yours? They don't have to be your favorite, just something that you think is totally creepy and has you checking your doors and sleeping with the lights on.