Saturday, April 2, 2016

A is for Amazing Spider-Man and Avenging Spider-Man and B is for Batman and Buffy



Hello, bloggers! Welcome to the 2016 A - Z blogging challenge! For details and the sign-up list, go HERE.

For my A - Z, I decided to go with comic book/graphic novel covers that capture my eye.

I did some research, which was totally fun to learn about comics and graphic novels! Then, I went to my family for some help: my hubby, our sons, and my sister, who has a kickass comic book collection and shared some photos, as well her comic book knowledge, with me. I'm so grateful that they were all willing to help!!!


A is for ... Amazing Spider-Man and Avenging Spider-Man comic covers


Synop from Amazon: 
The riveting conclusion to the most-talked about -- and controversial -- comics event of the year. Brought to you by J. Michael Straczynski and Joe Quesada. Brace yourself, Spidey fans, after this, nothing will be the same for Peter Parker!
The stakes have never been higher. At his darkest hours -- and he's had plenty -- Peter has always had one shoulder to lean on, one person who'd remind him who he is, who he was, and who he can be. Now he's about to lose that person. What will he do...what would you do, if you only had "One More Day?"

(I LOVE this cover!)




Synopsis from Amazon:
Back in the team-up biz! He's been Amazing, he's been Spectacular, he's been Sensational. Now, Spider-Man is doing a little Avenging, and he's brought a few of his pals along for the ride. Ever the social animal, the wallcrawler has a proud tradition of fighting side-by-side with heroes from across the Marvel Universe. And now that he's a card-carrying member of both the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, he can't go far without swinging into a teammate or two. Step forward the rascally Red Hulk, the hotheaded Hawkeye and the legendary Captain America as Spidey bonds with Earth's Mightiest Heroes!



B is for ... BATMAN AND BUFFY COMIC COVERS



Synop from Amazon:
In the wake of the death of his son Damian, Batman is in danger of losing his humanity. However, the foes of this grief-ridden Dark Knight mean to strike him when he's at his weakest. Has Batman's worst foe become... Bruce Wayne?




Synop from Amazon:
Since the destruction of the Hellmouth, the Slayers newly legion have gotten organized and are kicking some serious undead butt. But not everything's fun and firearms, as an old enemy reappears and Dawn experiences some serious growing pains! Buffy creator Joss Whedon brings Buffy back to Dark Horse in this direct follow-up to Season 7 of the smash-hit TV series.

8 comments:

  1. Great depiction of Buffy. I like that! I'm not much into comic books, but these look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was just saying the other day I wished they'd repeat the Buffy series on tv!
    Rosa
    @RosaT_Author
    Rosa Temple writes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm so glad you decided on the comic/graphic novel covers. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always happy to see what people write about comic books. I'm especially interested in the art involved, particularly the covers. Greg Capullo has done some stellar work with the Dark Knight since the "New 52" DC universe relaunch. Great choice for a Batman graphic novel cover.

    I would encourage you to also check out the work of Brian Bolland in "Batman: The Killing Joke," Frank Miller in the original "The Dark Knight Returns" and "Batman: Year One," and my favorite comics artist Alex Ross, specifically in "Kingdom Come" and the over-sized "Batman: War on Crime."

    Great idea - looking forward to your choices for the rest of the alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great covers! I've had a lot of the Buffy comics for a while but haven't gotten around to reading them. I should probably get on that...

    Sarah Foster
    Stormy’s Sidekick!
    The Faux Fountain Pen
    @Sarah_A_Foster

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was trying to figure out the first cover, but then I saw the hand. It's really cool. I love Batman's cover. It reminds me of the Animated Series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, I agree! Love the animated series and the artistic style Paul Dini introduced there.

      Delete
  7. Hi there!

    I’m stopping by from the #AtoZChallenge. I used to read comic books all the time as a teenager. Nice post!

    I have two blogs in this challenge…my author blog at THE STORY CATCHER (www.donnalmartin.com) and my KICKS Kids Club blog (www.kickskidsclub.blogspot.com) . If you get a chance, check them out and good luck with the challenge!

    Donna L Martin

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. So do photos of Adam Levine... <3