Tuesday, April 28, 2015

X is for Xanthus

Welcome to the 2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge. Through photos, I'll share things I love.

X - Xan can be found in 1303 - The Dragonslayer by Christine Rains.

On the rooftop of neighboring building, dragonslayer Xanthus Ehrensvard fires at his target, Governor Whittaker. How he missed the shot, he doesn't know, but fleeing the scene, he picks up an unwanted passenger. Gorgeous reporter Lois King saw Xan's face, and she believes it's the story to make her career. Except he can't let her walk away knowing what he looks like. Xan has to show her the Governor is a bigger threat to the world than he is.

Xan knows dragons never went extinct. They evolved with human society, taking on mortal forms, and slithered their way into positions of great influence and power, just like the Governor. But it's no easy chore proving to someone that dragons still exist, and even more so, they're disguised as famous people. Xan must convince Lois or find another way to silence her. An option, as he gets to know her, he likes less and less.

After all, dragonslayers are no longer celebrated heroes but outlaws. Just as the dragons wish it. But this outlaw must make a plan to slay the dragon or risk its retribution.






Go HERE to check out other bloggers participating in the A - Z Blogging Challenge. It's going on the whole month of April.

5 comments:

  1. I know Christine Rains. Best of wishes to her!

    Stephen Tremp
    A-Z Co-host
    X is for Xenoglossy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the first one in the series and can't wait to read the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of sounds like the anima Wolf's Rain, but only because the wolves became humans to hide from the hunters. I'm intrigued. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting premise! I may get around to reading it, if my daughter ever slacks off her assigned reading list for me!

    ~ The end is in sight!!! ~
    Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
    with the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Jackie! Xan gets a lot of love. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. So do photos of Adam Levine... <3