First up is the Celebrate the Small Things Meme.
Host: Vikki @ Scribblings of an Aspiring Author
Each Friday, post something you wish to celebrate achieving for that week.
- I got a good night's sleep... we have a new bed, and it's heavenly. With our old mattress, I felt like an old woman in the mornings, bones creaking and popping, but the new mattress makes me feel rejuvenated.
- My oldest son's first track meet is Saturday. I know it's not until tomorrow, but I'm so excited for him!
- Put on paper - some ideas for my WIP.
- Dani @Entertaining Interests and I have been in cahoots again. Look for some fun bloghops from us as well as a surprise *rubs hands together with a silly grin* I'm so excited!
Next up is the Back FROM the Future Bloghop.
Hosts: M. Pax, Nicki Elson, and Suze.
You're up before dawn on a Saturday when the doorbell rings. You haven't brewed your coffee so you wonder if you imagined the sound. Plonking the half-filled carafe in the sink, you go to the front door and cautiously swing it open. No one there. As you cast your eyes to the ground, you see a parcel addressed to you ... from you.
You scoop it up and haul it inside, sensing something legitimate despite the extreme oddness of the situation. Carefully, you pry it open. Inside is a shoebox -- sent from ten years in the future -- and it's filled with items you have sent yourself.
What's in your capsule?
Here's what's in my capsule:
- a picture of my family. Wow, my boys are handsome! :)
- the winning lotto numbers for that Saturday
- copies of my first pubbed novel - hardcover and paperback
- keys to a restored Chevy Camaro and a restored Shelby Mustang
- location of said vehicles
Next up is The Bloghop of Joy.
Hosts: Kyra Lennon and Clare Dugmore
These are the small, sometimes slightly unusual things that always cheer you up - they want to know, what is on your list of joy? Post your list with a minimum of five things that put a spring back in your step!
My list of JOY....
- The laughter and/or smiles of my sons
- Love notes/emails/texts from my hubby
- Artwork from my little ones
- Walking into a bookstore or library
- Coffee - Grande vanilla blonde from Starbucks
- When I find a pair of jeans or shirt that I love, then discover they're on sale!
- Waching my sons sporting events
- Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips
- Dark chocolate with sea salt (Thanks, Cyn! It's delish)
- Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- That new baby smell
- Blanket straight out of the dryer
That's all for me, folks. Hop around to the other blogs and check out their posts!
Have a great weekend! :)